The green color in the picture looks a little "forced", but the review thread on the Wormwood Forums seems to indicate an interesting, unique taste, yet still absinthe. Sigh. Yet another absinthe to add to our ever growing Must Buy list!
Tamborine Mountain Distillery - Moulin Rooz Absinthe
Moulin Rooz Absinthe : Australia's first premium Absinthe.
In Fine Spirits
Sonja Kassebaum of North Shore Distillery leads a discussion covering the history, tradition, mythology and mixology of absinthe. Plus we'll sample some tastes of food to pair with absinthe and related cocktails.
Some new American absinthes are now either available or soon to the market, joining the limited release of the St. George Spirits absinthe:
- North Shore Distillery, makers of some reputedly delicious gins and vodkas, have added an absinthe to their repetiore: Sirene Absinthe Verte. They tell us they use a "fairly traditional" approach to this absinthe and we are dying to try it here at Inabsinthia. Sirene has been getting some pretty good reviews on the Wormwood Society forums.
- Speaking of the Wormwood Society forums, an upcoming American absinthe was recently announced. Todd announced his upcoming absinthe, which will be distilled in Denver Colorado. He promises green (no star) anise, fennel, veronica, grande wormwood and coriander in what sounds to be quite the enticing brew. Keep an eye on the forum thread for more info, as the absinthe and the distiller is so new, no web site has even been set up yet.
La Maison d'Absinthe hosts Absinthe Antique Collection
Tales of the Cocktail Revives "The Green Hour" Absinthe Ritual
Spirited Dinners Presented by Imbibe Magazine and Domaine de Canton
Cocktails with a Kick: Absinthe Returns to America
And, the pièce de résistance :
The Wormwood Society First Grande Soirée d'Absinthe
with a menu of:
- Smoked Salmon and Goat Cheese en Brioche
- Filet of Beef and Shiitake Brochettes
- Mini Crab Cake with Creole Aioli
- Pecan Crusted Shrimp with Orange Honey Mustard Sauce
- Proscuitto, Basil, and Tomato Roulade in Puff Pastry
- Oyster Vol-au-Vent with Caviar.
Wormwood Society's First Grande Soirée d'Absinthe! - Absinthe Forums at the Wormwood Society
Absinthe Canada - Order or Buy Absinthe in Canada
Pretty solid reportage from CBS Sunday Morning. Of course, TA Breaux has to be in it! This was shown just the other Sunday, on January 6.
Reasonably competent overview of the current state of absinthe in the US, courtesy of NPR (National Public Radio). Pretty shallow but fun to actually hear about absinthe, rather than read about it.